Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Saturday - Luckly the snow held off until the afternoon (not that there was a lot). So I tried my luck early. Putting on all my coldest weather gear I went out for a little over an hour. Short, but I got in my intervals.

The afternoon was spent working around the house. Replacing plugs and light switches in the master bed room and bathroom. Nate was a big help, taking all the trash and throwing it away. I just had to generate trash faster than it took him to walk across the room and throw it away. Then I was able to re-cable the mountain bike, I think it works better now than it ever did.


Kailee and I even went to the bike store so I could try on some mountain bike shoes. I am in need and haven't had time to get to the store. During the short drive, Kailee decided it wasn't exciting enough. I sat in the parking lot with her for about 40 minutes before she woke up and we went in the store.


Saturday evening we went to Melissa's parents house for a little... rest of the weekend get away.

Sunday morning I helped frame a section of a wall in the basement. They are slowly getting the basement finished. It's almost framed. Again, Nate was very interesed in the happenings in the basement and wanted to take an active role.

Sunday afternoon I went out for a ride, heading up Buckhorn Canyon. It is such a beautiful route. The road was clean and I felt like I was flying up the hill. When I turned around I found out why, the wind was really blowing. It took me the same amount of time to ride down the ~2700 ft into the wind as it did to climb it! Funny how when I was riding out, it just didn't seam that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment