Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend Wrapup

This weekend was interesting, from a family standpoint. It was basically the weekend of my recovery week. While I did get some riding in, I envisioned family time. Unfortunately Nate was sick and that basically ended any hope of extra activities (pool, grandparents, park etc). The time at home was spent trying to keep him from over exerting himself, getting rest and chasing him with a Kleenex.

On Saturday, I has able to hook up with the team for a pre-ride of one of the early races, the Koppenberg. Named because of the steep dirt hill in the course, it is a pretty short hill but it will hurt after a couple of climbs. More likely, the pain will come in the first lap when 80+ folks go barreling into the hill at full speed. Last year it snowed the morning of the race and it was postponed to the following weekend. It was great to ride with everyone. Many of them I have not seen since CX this past Fall. The weather ended up being interesting, it was way cold but I think I got a sun burn on my face. Only in Colorado.

Sunday I wanted to do something different. So I got out the mountain bike and went to green mountain for a short ride. It was a lot of fun. My plan is to do the Winter Park Series this year so I might as well get the bike ready. I have never ridden at Green Mountain. It was nice. There were a lot of people there today. I can't blame them, the afternoon weather was... inviting. A map of my mountain bike ride is below, check out the elevation feature, the opening climb peaked out at an averaged of 15% for 0.5 mile.

Training calls for some more base miles in the coming week. Need to build that endurance for later in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment