Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trip Planning

I am sad to say, I am going to miss the Koppenberg race this coming weekend. I haven't done the race before but during the past couple of years, I have planned to. Last year I was ready to go, only to have it snow the night before and the coarse turn into a mud pit. See the photo on the right, he didn't think it was that bad. The race was moved to the following weekend but I already had plans. So, I missed it.

This year, I have a week long vacation with just the wife and I. Starting Sunday. Baby sitting is all lined up. We are going to Moab with the goal of riding .... a lot. This was one of our favorite activities before the stork dropped off the kids. Making us late or having a bike related issues the day of our departure would be .... unwise. So, I have sacrified .... for my own good.... and family does come first.

With the addition of this credit in the family bank, I am betting that I might be able to cash it in later in the year. I am sure there will be many oportunities.

As for our trip to Moab, I am going to take both the Mountain Bike and Road Bike. I need to get my skills back on the mountain bike and if I remember correctly, there are a few trails in Moab that can help. Last time we were there was Oct 2006. I really enjoyed Slickrock, its not like any other trail I have been on. Porcipine Rim is just amazing. Amasa Back has such beautiful views. It is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment